White River Cutthroat
submitted by Victor Collins
Victor Collins of North Carolina sent us this nice photo. He says:
I wanted to send the attached photo of a 26 inch Cutthroat that I caught and released on a recent visit to the White River near Meeker.
My brother in law has recently taken up fly fishing. I use to live in Meeker in the early 80's and I had told him stories about fishing the White River. So after he developed some of the fundamentals we decided to visit the area. We were only there for 3 1/2 days and caught fish every day. We caught three other fish (two rainbows and a cutthroat) that were about the same size. We caught most of our fish on hoppers and caddis emergers and occasionally on a Adams.
- The White River runs from the Flat Tops, past Meeker and Rangely, and into Utah to flow into the Green River
- Check out the web site for the Meeker BLM office for area info.
- See the web site for the White River National Forest for camping and other info.
- Click here to buy a Digital Downloadable Fishing Map for the White River - includes the North and South Fork and headwaters. Includes a smaller version for use on mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones.
- Click here to buy an Ebook about Trout fishing on Colorado State lands - includes info about the White River area
- Click here to buy a National Geographic/Trails Illustrated topo map for the area. You need map 150 for the Northern Flat Tops area, and the White River